Why should I do it?
One reason...because of my gorgeous daughter...because I love my O more than anything (well not more than her sister or my hubby) and I would do anything to help make this world a better place for her.
What is in it for me?
I get to "talk", a lot! ;) Seriously, I want to make people more aware of what my little butterfly is capable of and help remove the stereotypes that are out there. One of the biggest ways I feel that can be accomplished is by making more people aware of Down syndrome so it is no longer misunderstood. Ds is NOT scary and there is a lot more to it than the mental retardation aspect (which is what is commonly thought of when Ds is mentioned). Individuals with Ds are much more like the rest of us than they are different. They have their own set of talents and shortcomings just like any other human being. I want to change the way people look at individuals with Ds. No looks of pity, fear, or condescention. Just looks of admiration, understanding, and love.
I hope that I can accomplish some education during this month and beyond. Thanks for reading!!!
1 comment:
If anyone can make a difference in the DS community it is you and the beautiful face of "O"...she will melt a many of hearts.
Post a Comment