Thursday, October 2, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Today is a very sleepy day. And as I sit here, half asleep & exhausted, I am reminded of days when E was the easiest kid to put to sleep. We always received comments about how easy it was to put her to bed. Well, those days are so far gone that I can barely remember what it is like. This is a kid that didn't sleep through the night until she was 9 months old and we had a great run from then until about a year ago.
Now it is a huge production to get her to go to sleep and to stay asleep in her bed all night. Last night M got her to bed in a record 20 minutes (I was at a meeting)!!! I should have known that meant something bad was still going to happen. And oh did it ever. Around 12:30 I wake up to E crying for me so I head in to see what is the problem. I laid down with her to try to get her to settle back in and then all of a sudden she pops up, totally awake and starts chatting with me. Telling me about everything that happened when I wasn't home, especially about her big #2 success. Which, I must say, was a HUGE deal (no pun intended). She was so cute that it was hard not to stay up and play with her, but the Tylenol PM was hard at work so I couldn't even keep my eyes open. It took about an hour to get her back to sleep and then I fell asleep there. Woke up about 3:30 and went back to my bed only to be woken up again at 4:30 to her cries. M got up that time and tried to get her back to sleep but eventually gave in and let her stay up with him. Even though I have repeatedly told him that she NEEDS to go back to sleep if she is up that early, he doesn't seem to think it is an issue. Well, that is because he doesnt have to deal with the tears and meltdown during drop off and the horrendous temper tantrums at daycare and after I pick her up. And tonight he wont be home until late. So, that means I will have a cranky kid on my hands on top of me being cranky from being tired. It will not be pretty! Maybe we will all take a nap together! LOL
Then there is my little O, she is such a good sleeper. She has slept through the night since day 1 and can sleep through almost anything. She goes to bed easily and wakes up happy! TG she is an easy kid or I would really be zonked!!!! It is amazing how different your kids can be!
I must admit though, I do love the nightime snuggles!!!! ;)

No comments: