Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yes, you see correctly...

It is 3 in the morning and I am blogging. Why in the world am I doing this? you may wonder. Well, E is up sick. She hasn't slept well the past few nights and has been running a high fever since Thursday night. We took her to the doctor today (technically yesterday I guess) and they took a urine sample. It had large white and red blood cells in it so they sent it off to the lab. We will have preliminary results by noon tomorrow (actually in 9 hrs) but not official results until Monday. The Dr. is worried about a kidney infection. Although some of the cells could have been caused by the vaginosis she has. Yep, when she get sick, she gets sick. Gotta love sensitive skinned redheads (easily gets these issues)! So, of course the Dr goes into all that could be wrong considering we went through this 6 weeks ago. There could be a problem where infected urine is traveling back up the urethra and into the kidneys. I won't go into the details of what will be involved to diagnose that as I am not fully convinced that is what it is. She isn't complaining of any pain while peeing (hasn't at all) and has no back pain or anything. I am just hoping it is viral, and considering she just threw up everywhere, that is my guess.
This just sucks! She is miserable and can't sleep and there is nothing I can do about it. I hate that I can't fix it and all I can do is watch her suffer. =(

2 comments:

my family said...

Hi my name is April, My son William has DS and I am participating in the "get it down"... I am wondering if I could copy the DS facts onto my blog for my readers. By the way your children are precious.

mamaC said...

Absolutely! I got the info off the NDSS website.