There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have the debate with myself over whether or not to have a third child. I love my kids with all my heart and would love to have a ton more. However, there is this pesky little thing called money that keeps getting in the way. I do the budgeting for our household and I know the kind of money we have (or should I say don't have). Daycare cost of a third alone is enough to make you want to cry, we are talking more than our mortgage payment for 3 kids in daycare. And no, one of us staying home is NOT an option. First of all we can't lose a salary and still be able to provide the kind of lives for our kids we want for them. Second, neither of us are the right kind of parent to stay home with our kids all day every day. Heck, if we won the lottery, M would still work! It is in his blood to be a career man. Not me, I am happy to be a lowly pion my whole life. Just give me my paycheck without a whole lot of responsibility and I am a happy camper. All of this money arguing is on one side along with the items of needing 2 large cars because of fitting in 3 car seats, forcing my kids to wear hand me downs because I cant afford anything else, not having as much one on one time with each kid because there isn't enough time in the day, etc.
Then on the other side there is this almost anamalistic urge and passion that I have to have more kids. I would love to have at least 2 more, so why am I so worked up about having 1 more?
Some days I just wish I would get pregnant accidentally so I don't have to make up my mind! LOL
Now, I am off to the budget to figure out where I can squeeze some money out so I can "afford" another kid. Yes, I am one of those annoying people that can't just listen to her gut and her mommy instinct and go with it. I need data, facts, stats to base my decision on. So, off I go to research what sedans can hold 3 car seats and what cable options I have to cut that bill a bit. LOL
1 comment:
WOW, I totally could have written this post. I too would love a 3rd child but for exact same reasons as you don't know. Let me know if you figure out the car seat thing (without getting a mini van).
Post a Comment