Just got back from O's speech therapy session and "amazing" was the word of the day. The head teacher in her room was there along with O, the speech therapist, and I. The teacher, Miss F, and the therapist, Miss L, kept going back and forth and saying all of the stuff O has been doing the last few weeks. And they both kept saying how "amazing" she is doing. Did a mommy good today! I needed some snuggle time with my butterfly and some positive stuff. Although it did make it much harder to pull myself away and come back to work. Especially since I kept getting hugs and kisses from O. That is her newest thing and of course my favorite. Although, she needs to learn to keep her mouth closed for kisses! LOL
It was very funny today though because she did something she has never done. She hit me (not new) and I "pouted" and made a sad face and said "you hurt mommy" and she immediately kissed me and gave me a hug and when I said "That's right, give mommy aye-ayes" she started making "aye-aye" noises. It was so great because it all meant that she understood what she did, that it hurt me, and that she needed to apologize. What a little smarty pants! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment