Ok, so I understand that October is also Breast Cancer awareness month and until 10 weeks ago it was my "cause", but now I am just annoyed. It is extremely frustrating that Down Syndrome awareness doesn't get the amount of publicity that BC does. The walks and everything are all over the news but there is barely anything about the DS walks or anything DS related. I have been a fan of the Today show until their severe lack of coverage on DS related topics. They had Chris Burke and the Scrubs Dr. on for 3 whole minutes to talk about the DS walk but 0 coverage on the actual walk. It is just very disturbing and dissapointing. What in the world is the NDSS doing, sitting on their butts? Someone needs to get their tush in gear and start pushing for awareness. This cant be DS awareness without any effort for awareness. I am just frustrated at the lack of coverage for DS. Maybe I am just not paying attention to the places I should be but shouldnt the awareness efforts be made where you dont have to dig and search for it?
Sorry, maybe I am just too new to all of this, but I just can't stand the lack of coverage for the DS community.
No comments:
Post a Comment