They refused to pay for my IUD and I refused to pay the $800+ it would have cost me to get it. I was so excited about the idea that I wouldnt have to remember to take a pill every night due to mommy brain (see previous post) and that it would be more effective than a vasectomy or tubal! Not having to worry about when to switch to the regular pill off the mini pill or any of that was such a relief. Well, my insurance company had other plans. Guess they would rather pay for a monthly pill, a pregnancy, and another human being than fork up the money to pay for the IUD. I am so not ready to even think about having another kid yet because of the whole DS shocker. But I am also not ruling it out. The IUD would have been perfect especially because it would have helped keep me from fearing X with my husband for fear of getting pregnant before I am mentally ready. Not to mention I have been pregnant and/or nursing for over 2 1/2 years now!
But, I can handle their rejection of that pretty well. What I can't handle is their rejection of O getting the RSV shots. If she gets RSV it is even more of a risk of it being fatal for her considering her heart issues. But, the insurance company is giving us some BS about how it is considered experimental or some shit like that and that is why they wont cover it. M and I talked about getting it anyway but it is $1000 per shot and there are 6 shots. We dont have that kind of money to spend on this even though we want her to have it. We are praying that the medical assistance through the government that we are getting for her will cover it. But, who knows when they will get their act together and finalize that. We know she qualifies for it because of the DS but for some reason they are putting us through the ringer making us provide all sorts of paperwork before they can approve it. Gotta love the government. I just dont understand why our regular insurance wont cover it. Would they rather cover a hospital stay of our child and us suing them for not covering it if something worse would happen to her (not that I think we would have a leg to stand on though)? With her being in daycare it scares the crap out of me but what other option do we have?
I am just furious with the insurance company right now.
1 comment:
I am one of those people that should be taking vitamins but never enjoyed popping pills. However my husband and I have found an easy and tasteful way to get our daily fruit requirement,,we drink Monavie. Monavie is a juice made up of 19 fruits including the ACAI berry. The ACAI berry has been named the #1 superfood in the world by Dr. Perricone. My husband and I drink 2oz in the morning and 2oz at night and have never felt better. Our energy level has soared, we have lost over 30 pounds combined, our aches and pains have vanished and my cholesterol and high blood pressure has finally registered normal levels!! Learn more about this great drink: http://www.mymonavie.com/gregandaurorarichard
Post a Comment