I spent the entire day with my family today and it makes me even more homesick. I love going to visit but it makes it so much harder to be away from them. We celebrated my grandfather's 84th birthday today and my other grandfather will turn 85 next month. My grandmother is 78 and they are all doing pretty well. But, every time I see them or talk to them I wonder if it is the last time. I hate thinking like that but they are all aging and I can't imagine life without any of them here. I lost my grandmother when I was 14 and I still haven't fully recovered, I have no idea how I am going to handle losing the grandparents that I grew up with. I also miss my mom so much, especially with everything we have been dealing with the last few months. It is so hard to leave them to come "home". Luckily it is only an hour and 45 minutes but that is just too far with 2 nutty kids in the car.
I am exhausted from the trip but just needed to vent and whine about how much I miss my family.
1 comment:
Move! I still will never understand why you live where you do (other than the nice house, good jobs, sister near by). I know M will never go for it though -- and I know you understand why.
Oh well, lets hope I am back there soon too.
Post a Comment