Friday, August 29, 2008

BANNED!!!

Ok, so pretty soon I am going to be banned from backing any car out of a garage!!! I ran into M's car (parked in driveway) on my way out of the garage this morning. E was yelling for a new movie, her snack, her drink, etc. and I was all flustered and trying to get her to stop yelling and then...oops. our side view mirrors hit so I stopped. The back wheel wells of our cars rubbed together. Mine is buffable but his will need a tiny bit of touch up paint. I would have sworn on my life that his car was in the garage this morning when I left. Tells you how awake I was! DUH! Luckily (for him) he didn't flip out on me! But, in my defense, I always back out and to the left because of the tree that is leaning into our driveway. I am afraid I will catch my antenna on it or scratch the car with a branch. I was trying to be cautious, just with the wrong side of the car! LOL

Why after this minor accident would I be banned from backing cars out of garages you may ask? Well, considering this is the second time I have damaged a vehicle while backing out might be reason enough. First time was over a year ago, I was just about 7 months pregnant with O, we were still at our old house (garage barely big enough to fit the car, inches on each side getting out) and I was in a hurry to get to a Dr. apt. M was in the other car with E taking her to daycare. Our old-school garage came equipped with an old-school garage door opener. So, I would always hit the button on the way out of the garage because if I didn't, it didn't work. This particular day I am backing out thinking "OMG the garage door is making an awful wracket today" and next thing I know, the bumper is flying up in the air. In order to not have the door come down on the car, I had to gun it out of the garage and proceeded to rip the entire front bumper off the car. We managed to bungie it back on and make it to the Dr. apt. But, M was SUPER ticked!

Needless to say, garages and I don't get along!

No comments: