Friday, August 22, 2008

A happy post

yes, I know these are very rare, but here it is just the same! ;)

I am in a much better place with O's evaluation today. I re-read all of the scores and realized that she is kicking butt in most of the areas. Especially taking Ds into consideration! Today I am a 'bawling-my-eyes-out-with-pride mommy'! I am just bursting with excitement for all that she has accomplished and I am focusing on the utter amazement of the PT at her abilities. She was literally sitting there with her mouth agape watching O move around. She kept saying over and over about how well she is doing and she has NEVER seen a child with Ds doing this well at this young age! That's my girl!!!! And many ginormous thanks to my insanely supportive friends at Downsyn for helping me through that rough patch, and for hugs from those around me here even though they had no idea why I was so upset.

We have a weekend with NOTHING planned coming up and I couldn't be more excited. We have a housewarming picnic at a friend's house (leaving kids for a sleepover with M's mom) so we are going to enjoy a night out without the kids. Then we will take them in the morning tomorrow for pics but after that we are FREE-FREE-FREE and I couldnt be more excited. Although my "To Do" list is insanely long, I am going to try to ignore it as much as possible and just love on my kiddos (and maybe my husband-if he behaves) this weekend. My parents are close by for the weekend and we were all going to meet up to take the kids to the Zoo but I think we will bag that idea since it will be too packed there. Maybe we will take them to our piddly little zoo here and the fish hatchery, those will be big hits with them, especially the fish and E.

Speaking of E, mommy has been the one with her mouth agape lately. She just asstounds me with the stuff she comes up with. She is seriously the most creative and animated kid EVER, but I am not biased or anything!!! I just sit and watch her play, talk to her "friends" (million stuffed animals or dolls), make food in her kitchen, try to mother her baby sis, and boss everyone around. I just watch her in amazement at what a little person she is now. I just LOVE this age!!! Although she can be extremely strong-willed, these moments totally make up for it. Especiallly when she looks at me and says "mommy, you are my best friend" or "I love you mommy, whole big bunches, forever and ever" (our saying in our family that I taught her), or one of any of the adorable things she says. But it isn't so much what she says but how she says it, she is just so animated with her facial expressions and body movements. It is side-splitting hilarious! And she is just such a mom!!! We met up with a few of my friends from high school this weekend for us to catch up and the kids to play together. She was always making sure the other kids were ok and well taken care of. Although sometimes she was just outright bossy, most of the time she was adorable.

Now, for the hubby, I bragged on him recently so there isn't much to say now except that no matter how much he irritates the crap out of me on an hourly basis, I still thank my lucky stars for having such a wonderful man! I used to feed off the negativity others felt toward their significant others and take him for granted and pick him apart, but now I am realizing that I am a very lucky girl and I need to start expressing that.

So, a post of mine wouldnt be complete without a little bit of a downer so I will get that out of the way. I am so far beyond disappointed in my sister right now. She committed to helping me solicit sponsors and donations from a lot of local places since she is a teacher and was off for the summer. Do you know what she did? NOTHING!!!! And then gave me attitude for being upset with her about it. She had 3 months and didn't do a thing other than drop a few info packets off. So now I have to bust my butt to get it all taken care of since the walk is less than a month away. It would have been a different pill to swallow if she didn't insist that she would do it and wanted to help out, I even gave her a few opportunities to bow out since she seemed so busy with going to the pool, shopping, napping, etc. She got mad at me for acting like she wasn't going to do it. Guess what - she didn't and is now mad at me for being upset with her. How did that work? Oh well, i will call the big hitters on the list and chuck the rest in the trash. It isnt worth fighting over, but I am disappointed.

But, by myself I didn't do too shabby! I already have gotten over $6,000 in monetary or item donations for our Buddy Walk!!! And I have over $1,000 in individual sponsors for me as a walker! I think I found the passion in life I was missing all these years! God did know what he was doing when he gave O to us! Imagine that! LOL

OMG I totally forgot how much fun blogging is! I missed this, even if no one ever reads it, it is nice to just put it out there!! =)

No comments: