Ok, so we have been EXTREMELY lucky with O and the health issues. One area, however, where we are right with the pack is with the snot! OMG can the kid produce snot!!! The issue is that all her airways, internal passageways, etc. are much smaller than a typical child. So, for her, a little bit of snot = a lot of blockage and makes it very hard to move it out. Hence why children with Ds tend to end up with upper respritory infections a lot. So we have been attacking the head snot with baby saline spray and the bulb sucker to no avail. It seems to be moving into her chest now which is usually very hard for her to get out and ends up on antibiotics. Once she ended up with pneumonia and in the hospital. Last time we hit her hard with nebulizer treatments to keep everything as open as possible and we avoided antibiotics. So that is the plan this time. I just feel horrible for the poor kid, she is always full of snot!!! Most of the time we can clear her up enough to breathe while sucking on her fingers, a must for sleeping! She just coughed a lot last night and I felt terrible for her. I just wish there was something else I could do other than sit and wait for the snot to clear!
On another note, E now has the viral rash that O had the other week. When she gets hot it gets really bad but it doesn't seem to bother her much. So much for it not being contagious! I guess it is one of those fun ones that is contagious before you even know they have it. LOL
I have had a sore throat for days which seems to have subsided. But, now I have a bit of a dry cough. FUN! I am pumping myself full of vitamins and praying it passes!
M is super healthy as usual! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment