Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I found her! I found her!!!

Ok, so I think I finally found someone locally that is going to be someone I will be VERY good friends with. I will call her J. We met at our local Ds organization’s summer picnic and I was in awe of her new baby girl, M. She is ADORABLE. J and I got to chatting and clicked immediately. J & M came over for dinner Sunday night where we got to chat more and I am so excited (hubby A had to work late and couldn’t make it)!!! O & M are going to be the best of friends and I think J & I will be too! It is so nice to have someone with a child close in age to O where we can share similar experiences and “get” each other. We can help each other through the rough spots and rejoice in the happy spots.

As much as I love all of my friends I have had forever and my family, and no matter how hard they try or how badly they want to, they will never “get” it. I don’t love them any less, but it is an area that we can’t really share. Some old friends & family accept that they don’t get it and are just there to support while other old friends & family keep trying to get it and get upset when they don’t and think I am upset with them (which I never could be). It leads to tension that can really wear down a relationship, even an old one, even ones with my mom & sister. It is a relief to finally have someone that I can relate to on that level and who can see where I am coming from. My old friends & family understand me on a different level because they have known me so long, and that will never change.

So, I look forward to getting to know J better and watching M grow up along with O. Did I mention that they are exactly 10 months apart? Yep, both born on the 26th of their months. M was born on SIL’s bday but I won’t hold that against her. ;)

I am just bursting to finally have someone locally to hang out with and share that part of my life with. I do have friends locally that I am close to, but they don’t get a lot of stuff I go through, but they are always there with an ear and a shoulder!

Look at me! I am finally growing and making new friends! ;)

No comments: