Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...but no one is snoring

Let me just say that at this house, when it rains, it pours!

E woke up this morning at 4:30 all upset and whiney. She crawled into bed with me and I thought 'OMG this kid is HOT' but just figured it was from her being all bundled up in her room. When we finally woke up at 6:30 I realized how miserable she really was. She was on fire, temp of 102 and shivering. Gave her ibuprofen right away and within 30 min we thought she was fine. 2 hours later she had a temp of 103.5 and was shivering even worse. At this point I called the Dr and got her an apt. She usually loves going to the Dr. and pretends to be sick just to try to get me to take her, but today she wasn't having it! She cried the whole way there and almost the whole time there. Luckily I was able to get her to pee in a cup so the Dr. could check for bladder or kidney infection. I also had him check her front butt (girly area) and he said she has vaginosis. There were white blood cells in the urine but he can't tell if they are from the vaginosis or a kidney infection. The culture results will be in tomorrow, in the meantime he started her on anti-biotics. The only other thing it could be is a viral cold but she has NO cold symptoms so I am thinking it is a kidney infection. My poor girl! I could just cry.

So, of course O woke up this morning with her eyes glued shut from a ton of discharge. Luckily we already had an apt for her with the eye Dr. It was her 6 month follow up to see if she needs glasses. Yes, she does have conjunctivitis (pink eye) in both eyes, poor kid. But, her eyes have gotten better in the last 6 months which is AWESOME news, the best of the day.

And I woke up with AF this morning! FUN!!

All this is on top of a really crappy week. The release of the horrid move "Tropic Thunder", being swamped at work, and relationship troubles with the BF. I am on overload right now so it was nice to have a day off work even if it was cause my kids are sick and I have cramps! I'll take it!

No comments: