Sunday, September 23, 2007

I give!!!

Ok, so daddy wasn't on board with the whole giving up the nuk thing for E so we bailed. There is no sense me fighting him and her over the issue. However she did do great for the one nap she had to go without it. About 15 min or so of her screaming until she gave in and went to sleep. Bedtime was a whole other story. Keep in mind that both girls were total brats all day long so mommy was VERY burnt out. Now the cherry on top was listening to E scream for mommy because she was upset to not have her nunnie (as she calls it). Of course M was getting mad at me because he can't stand listening to her cry/scream and he thinks she is too young to give up the nuk. This coming from the man that wanted to let her CIO when she was 3 months old!!!! I stood firm that she needed to give it up until about 30 min of the screaming. I was already extremely frazzled so I gave in. She won yet again! As soon as I gave her nuk back, she was out cold. Poor kid!!!

Maybe we will try again after the 2 year molars have come in. I just feel horrible taking her comfort source away from her when she is in so much pain with the molars coming in. How do I know my 20 month old is getting her 2 year molars you may ask? Well, first of all she has gotten all of her teeth way ahead of schedule so that made the drooling and finger chewing make sense. Not to mention that my sweet little girl turns in to a royal biach when she is teething. Once those puppies break through, my angel will be back again so get a move on already!!!! Teething tablets have been my saving grace!!! Thanks Momsmoo for recommending them!!!

1 comment:

MomSmoo said...

Wimp! ;-)

Tough to hear your kid cry, but from experience, it will be worse the second time because she thinks you will cave now if she cries enough. That was my biggest mistake with L -- giving it back when he cut his eye teeth.