Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Whole Big Bunches, Forever and Ever"

Here is a little background...
In my dad's side of the family, my grandparents have always said "I love you whole bunches, forever and ever". It became kind of a tradition with the family so we always say it to each other. My Grandfather will say "I love you whole bunches" and I will say "forever and ever". It is something I have always loved and was excited to pass down to the younger generations.

My oldest, E is almost 2.5. For a while now, when she takes a nap, she says "mommy, I took a whole big nap" and she will make a circle with her arms when she says "whole big" and it is just the most adorable thing you have ever seen. She has started spilling the "whole big" to other stuff like "I ate a whole big dinner" or "I made a whole big mess".

Also, she has recently been saying "I love you too" when M or I say "I love you". She has also been such a sponge lately picking up everything we say or do. I figured I would give it a shot and yesterday I started saying "I love you whole big bunches, forever and ever" with arm motions with "whole big" and everything. She would repeat it when I prompted but never on her own.

Well, yesterday morning she was on her way out the door with daddy and I said "I love you" and she said "I love you too Mommy" which was enough to break my heart. She turned to leave and turned back around and looked at me and said "whole big bunches, forever and ever". Needless to say I was a puddle of mush by the time she was out the door!

I must say that I have loved every stage of her development so far, but this is by far the best. I love being able to have conversations with her and talk to her about stuff. It is the best! =)

No comments: