Ok, so I am a fixer, and I always end up spouting out my a$$svice when it isn't needed, wanted, or asked for. I have a problem! Is there a 12 step program for people that can't realize when to keep their mouth shut and even when they realize can't seem to control their mouth? I am thinking that in order for this program to be sucessful for me, it would require a TON of extremely strong duct tape! This duct tape would need to be wrapped around my fingers which would then need to be taped so that they were covering my mouth. This would keep me from typing anything in emails or spouting off my mouth.
I don't know why I can't seem to realize when my a$$vice is not needed or that I really have no value to add to the situation. I just can't stand when someone I love is having trouble with something and I can't do anything to fix it. In this kind of situation the a$$vice gene kicks into hyper-speed and cannot be contained!!!!
Someone, please come up with a 12 step program or pill I can pop to help me keep my mouth (and mouth via fingers typing) under control!!!!!
Steps:
1 ~ Admit you have a problem
2 ~ Warn everyone in your path that you have a serious problem
3 ~ Evaluate why you feel the compulsive need to fix things
4 ~ Realize that you don't know squat in most cases where a$$vice is being offered
5 ~ Know that a hug and sympathy goes much further to help a situation than unsolicited a$$vice
6 ~ Resist all natural instincts in a situation that a$$vice would normally be given
7 ~ You aren't any smarter than the person you are trying to help, so don't flatter yourself
8 ~ Seek out and apologize to anyone you feel you may have hurt/offended/upset by your a$$vice
Ok, I tried to get to 12 but the creative juices just aren't flowing today as well as the a$$vice seems to be!!!
P.S. ~ Sorry to all of you that I have jammed my a$$vice down your throat! I will work on my program and hopefully improve in this area. My list of "self-fixing" is getting very long, but I will put this at the top of the list!
1 comment:
Honey -- please don't feel about about this!! Seriously, I normally appreciate that you are trying to fix things for me, but in my current, overly sensitive, extremely moody, haven't slept more than 4 or 5 hours in a night in more than a month situation, I am just cranky and taking it the wrong way.
Post a Comment