Friday, May 23, 2008

Happy Birthday my Man!!!

I would sing you a song but you don't need to be tortured on your birthday. So this day is all about you, right? Well, it can be a little about me and how lucky I am to have such an amazing man as my husband, right? So, in addition to a "Happy Birthday to my Man" post, this is going to be a "Brag about how I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to my Man post" too.

My man is 31 today and I have known him for only 8 of those years. For the first few years we were just coworkers and friends/enemies (long story). Then one day I "saw the light" and realized that I didn't just care about this person, I was madly in love with him. So, I did what any normal girl would do, I got drunk and made my move! A year to the day from that moment, we got engaged where we had our first kiss. And 10 months later we were married.

Onto why i am the luckiest woman alive. The more and more I talk to my friends, coworkers, etc. about their familes, the more I realize just how great I have it. M is the best father and husband around (sorry W). He is a very involved dad and gets very upset if he doesn't get to see his kids and spend time with them every day. He is a softie, but knows when he has to be tough. He goes above and beyond with our girls and it makes my heart melt to see him with them. They just adore him to death. He is Mr. Therapy with O because I am just not up for the task, I am too much of a softie when it comes to that stuff. One little whimper and I cave. He can somehow manage to get through it because he wants nothing but the best for her future. He is the same with both girls, will do whatever it takes to make sure they always have what they want out of life. Not many women can say that about the father of their children and I know I am insanely lucky for that!!!

M is also the best husband a girl could have. He puts up with so much crap from me, I am amazed that he can see daylight sometimes. To say I am moody is probably an understatement and he gets the brunt of my frustrations. I know it isnt fair to him and I am working on that and I pray he bears with me. He is a very romantic, sweet, kind, caring, and passionate man and I sometimes lose sight of that (something else I am working on). If I were to tell you that I love this man with everything that I posess, it would be so far understating how I feel. He is my everything and I cherish every day that I am blessed to have him in my life.

I don't think he ever reads this blog, but if you ever do honey, please know that I love you more than you could ever imagine. Thank you with all my heart for being such an amazing man!! I am SO lucky to have you as my husband and the father of my children. Happy Birthday Baby!!!

No comments: