Tales from the world where things sometimes seem upside down. With 3 little ones, one with a little something extra, things can get pretty crazy!!! Character listing: M - Hubby; E - Oldest daughter; O - Middle daughter; J - Youngest daughter
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Expecting...
So, I have been having a lot of thoughts these days around expectations. Am I expecting too much of people in my life? Is it asking too much to have someone be happy for you, just because you are happy? Is it too much to ask for someone to support you in your bad times, instead of kicking you when you are down? I have, unfortunately, had a lot of experience with the expectations of loved ones being far from met. Is it too much to ask the people who are supposed to love you, support you? no matter how they may feel? I dont think so, but I am starting to wonder if I am really wrong. I am starting to wonder if the "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" missed the mark on quite a few people in my life. When you are happy about something, they should be happy for you, right? When you are upset, they shouldnt say and do things to make it worse, right? Or am I totally wrong? I am really not sure these days. Where did I go wrong? Maybe I should join the ranks of these people and do these same things, but then how would I look myself in the mirror or be able to lay my head down at night? I just dont know, but the crushing of expectations is really wearing me down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment