So, at what point in our lives did snow days become sucky days? My best estimate is when it no longer became fun and became more work.
When I graduated college and started working in the real world? Work doesnt stop for snow like school does. But I dont think that was the point for me where it started to suck, it was just annoying then.
When I had kids? Nope, don't think that was it either. I would just drop them at daycare and head into work. No problem, just annoying.
When I moved the kids to the fancy, new daycare? ABSOLUTELY!! This is our first official "snow day" where we have nothing to do with our kids. The new daycare has delays and closings for the weather and it SUCKS!!! So, we have decided to split up the day, I work at work in the morning and M goes in this afternoon. I tried to get my work done from home but my laptop is acting screwy and wont connect to what I need it to. So I am stuck here at work rushing to get stuff done so I can be home in time for M to head off to work. This is crap. Don't these daycare people know that the rest of the world has to work? Very annoying and extremely inconvenient. I need every spare vacation day possible with my sicko little kids and this taking off for snow, well it just SUCKS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment