I am begining to realize in my old age, of 30, that the key to life is keeping things in perspective.
Like the days I think I am a horrible mother...I realize that there are kids that are much worse off than mine. Like poor little Caylee Anthony who's mom is a monster. Like those moms who live in the city and only have babies for the welfare checks who spend the money on $100 cell phones while their kids sit at home and starve or freeze.
The days I think I have it so bad because I have to deal with Ds with O and urinary reflux with E...I remember the parents with a 2 year old who is fighting Leukemia, the parents whose 2 month old little girl is fighting for her life while the Drs can't fix what is wrong, the mom who lost her baby at 8 months gestation who had to bury him, the parents I know who had to bury 2 children, and on and on.
The days I hate my job, certain coworkers, and the environment I work in...I remember those people who are hard workers who have lost their jobs and are despirately trying to find another one in this horrible economy.
The days I get so frustrated with the heating bills, mortgage payments, and daycare costs...I remember that there are people without homes, who can't afford to heat their homes, and those who can't afford a wonderful daycare like we have.
The days I get so frustrated with living so far away from my family (not that 2 hours is so far, but it feels like it)...I realize that there are people who's familys are gone or they aren't close with them.
I do try my best to not let things get to me, because thanks to O, I have realized that I need to count my blessings and realize that I have it good compared to a lot of other people.
No comments:
Post a Comment