Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm in love

I just L-O-V-E the girls' new daycare. It is the greatest place on Earth. It makes coming to work so much easier knowing they are both there and being taken care of. O has been there for 3 months but E just started this week. I was so excited for E to start, but I had no idea how wonderful it would be.
They go with her to the bathroom to make sure she is wiped well, they don't give her 5 options for lunch - she eats what they give her or she doesn't eat, they don't put up with her demanding and give in to every little whimper, and they work with her on things like tracing letters and knowing numbers and letters. NONE of this stuff was done at her previous daycare. The more and more I think about it, I feel like a horrible mother for having her at the other place for so long. Although it was only the last 6 months or so that were really bad there, the other 2 years were good.
I can't even explain how excited I am to have the daycare on the same page as we are. It was so hard to parent E when everything we did was contradicted all day at day care. We don't cater to her for meals, we don't put up with whining or demanding, and we use the same discipline strategies as the daycare. It is WONDERFUL!!!!!
Now the cost on the other hand is something we need to get used to, but it is worth more than money can buy to know the girls are in a much better place! YIPPEE!!!!

No comments: