Monday, June 30, 2008

A mixed bag...of crap!

WARNING: A lot of whining and complaining about to happen…

#1 ~ I feel like the worst parent in the world right now. E was at the Dr. on Friday because she was miserable. Turns out she has an ear infection and blister on her ear drum (on top of a wicked cold). She is on antibiotics and starting to act like herself now. I was only able to stay home with her one day last week and had to send her to daycare the rest of the time. =( Now O is sick. She started wheezing last night so M is home with her today and taking her to the Dr. Yet another time when work gets in the way of taking care of my babies. I can’t take off anymore this week since I have training tomorrow and Wednesday that they paid to send me to. Then I do have off Thursday and Friday since we are supposed to go to Ohio for our niece’s baptism. I am so tired of my kids being sick because they are in daycare. I want nothing more than to be able to shield them from all of this. But, I know that they will get sick eventually when they get to school so I would be delaying the inevitable. Needless to say, I bought lottery tickets this morning! Wish me luck!! ;)

#2 ~ O had her first overnight stay this weekend! M and I went to a concert and needed someone to watch the kids. My parents live out of town but were our only option. So, I had to give a little on my ‘not staying overnight until they are a year old’ rule. Ok, so she is 11 months but still, I am impressed that I survived it! LOL The concert was pretty fun, but…

#3 ~ WTF is wrong with people? Please tell me because I can’t figure it out for the life of me. At some point from the time we went into the concert until we left the hotel the next morning, someone stole my DS magnet off my car. Seriously, who does that? What in the crap is wrong with people? It makes me sick.

#4 ~ Our AC took a dump yesterday so now I have to try to figure out who can be at the house tomorrow for the repair people to come and look at it. M is home today and I have training so neither of us can do it. The thing is over 20 years old so we knew it was going to happen eventually.

On a good note…
#1 ~ my BF sold her house and is closing on the new one today. She is moving from being 2.5 hours away to only 1.5 hours away and 5 doors down from my parents!! Yippee!!! I may actually get to see her and her family more than once every 6 months! =) M may not be too happy about us traveling down there as much, but he will have to get over it! At least we get more bang for the buck now getting to see all my family and my BF in one trip!

#2 ~ O figured out how to go from her belly to her butt! She is also standing for long periods of time holding onto stuff. I am sure it wont be long before she figures out the walking! Although I am not sure I am ready for that. =)

#3 ~ We have a home warranty and a coupon for a free repair visit so if the AC did take a dump, it won't cost us a dime!!! Thank goodness I am a paranoid nut and bought the home warranty! This is where being a worrier comes in handy!

#4 ~ Realized how much M loves me since he was about to beat the crap out of some punk that was mouthing off to me. He was ready to defend my honor and as much as I should have hated him wanting to get violent, it was nice to see that he was so upset over someone being mean to me. I am such a lucky girl!!!

No comments: